If you are inspired by impact that is hands-on,
Over 1000 Projects
Last year IVS supported over 1200 projects around the world. We have grassroots partners in 80 countries.
IVS projects are developed by our local partners after establishing an identified need.
Volunteering shouldn’t cost a fortune. IVS projects costs start from as little as £145.
WHAT IS SHORT-TERM VOLUNTEERING?
IVS offers short-term voluntary projects all over the world thanks to our partners within the SCI (Service Civil International) network. Short-term volunteering has been commonly known within SCI as ‘workcamps’. A short term voluntary project is a unique form of volunteering, bringing together people from different countries, cultures and backgrounds to live and work together with local communities for a period of normally 2 to 3 weeks.
Short-term voluntary projects aim to break down barriers between people and develop intercultural understanding. They contribute to building a culture of peace among people. There are many different projects to choose from and they are open to everyone.
Every year thousands of short-term voluntary projects are organised in different fields and with different types of voluntary work. There is always something that will interest you. For example, did it ever occur to you that you could go abroad to…
…organise an open air cinema with the Roma community in Kosovo?
…experience life in an eco-village in Finland?
…run activities for refugees in Kenya?
…work with children from asylum seekers in Belgium?
…wake up to the sound of crying wolves in the USA?
…support the daily work of a Palestinian youth center in Israel…?
HOW CAN I APPLY?
If you are a current resident of the UK and would like to volunteer abroad, you are in the right place! Keep reading!
Are you currently living in another country, and would like to volunteer in the UK or anywhere else in the world? please contact an SCI sending organisation in your country of residence.
– Search an SCI project
– Email IVS to request an application form
– Fill in and return the application form – remember to include up to 6 ‘second choices’!
– Pay your membership and project registration fee (we will send you instructions on how to pay)
– Once both the project and you have confirmed your attendance, you can start packing!
HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO PAY?
IVS is a registered charity since 1931. We would not be able to operate without the constant support of our members!
– IVS yearly membership: £15
– Project registration fee: £145
WHERE DOES MY MONEY GO?
– Your membership:
Supports the work of IVS
– Your project registration fee:
Covers your health insurance for the duration of your volunteering
Includes your accommodation and food on site
Supports the SCI international network
WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO PAY?
– Travel to/from the project
– Any other requirements of your travel (e.g. visa and/or vaccination costs for the country you are visiting)
– Extra fees, if required by your host project. Would you like to fundraise this contribution? Contact us
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!
Get in touch with us!
What our Volunteers Say
I've been on over 10 camps with IVS and have no interest in stopping any time soon.
— Pat Barker
Get notified of our newest projects!
How Do I Apply?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
- Fill in and return the application form – remember to include up to 6 ‘second choices’!
- Pay your membership and project registration fee
- Once both the project and you have confirmed your attendance, you can start packing!
How Much Do Short Term Projects Cost?
- IVS membership: £15
- Project fee: £145
Where Does My Money Go?
The membership fee supports the running of IVS
The project fee covers:
- Your health insurance for the duration of your volunteering
- Your accommodation and food on site
- Supports the SCI international network
What Else do I Have to Pay?
- Travel to/from the project
- Criminal background check
- Visa Costs
- Extra fees, if required by your host project.
IVS can support your project costs through fundraising initiatives. Contact email@example.com for more.
I Have More Questions!